Sublime Forum

macOS save dialog box keyboard focus

Hi, lately Sublime Text 3 (3.2.2, build 3211) has had an annoying aspect where when I press cmd-S to save a new document, nothing on the filename dialog box has keyboard focus. Normally the filename field would be focused, but now even pressing tab doesn’t make that happen.

I rely on easy keyboard access as using the mouse is a bit of an accessibility problem for me, so any idea what’s going on and/or how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Likes

This is likely not an ST problem since macOS runs the save dialogs. It could possibly be due to some other software installed on the mac. For instance there may be a floating window that is getting the focus or some installed utility is interfering with the focus. It could be an accessibility or other macOS system setting causing it.

I really don’t have an specific idea of what’s doing it but it would be a good idea to mention which version of macOS you’re using.

0 Likes

I’m on the current version of Catalina. I don’t know if it’s affecting any other apps because ST is the only app I regularly use which uses that style of save dialog. Everything else seems to use the newer pop-out sheet mechanism.

Do you know of any other macOS apps that uses this save dialog style I could check? Ideally free or included with macOS or whatever.

0 Likes

Firefox seems to use a similar dialog box. I can’t reproduce this on Catalina.

0 Likes