Sublime Forum

MacOS entity problem

Degree sign ° manually entered works fine sometimes, but normal drag and drop that used to work so well from Emoji, SpecialCharacters.app, etc. has problem with this dropped degree punctuation:

°

Looks good in Sublime but displays this in browser (local and/or remote):

°

Similarly, all the easy drag and drop entity-speak has aborted into maybe works/maybe not.

Sometimes must add ‘x-’ like so: &x-deg; to display this:

°

Far worse, sometimes ° is NO ENTITY DISLPLAY! Just displays this:

° and [supper pissed off now] &x-deg;

If you ask paranoid little old me, the Internet of Things is lobotomized here: sorry, please excuse, etc. First noticed this working on an MIT CodePen, clipping code from Sublime into the browser code view thingyness. Seems my desktop has succumbed (im truly brainless now)!

Is this your standard Gooey plague disturbance? Should I just politely give up sometimes? Is there some way to inoculate Sublime, so it doesn’t get dragged (sic) into this global-like lobotomy, dear doctor?

0 Likes

that would explain a few things

0 Likes

No help Braver. Opening post in this thread hardly scratches the bizarre that takes hold here after that steady week of coding.

Perhaps the issue is system specific. You see, Apple is transitioning to Net 5. Apple forums, no problem if you block all cookies, surf free of pesters-and-perves. This forum does not use alternatives to Facebook-Google-Twitter javascript intrusion and pollutes visiting browsers by demanding cookie parasites like NSA be allowed. Why bother with maggot swarms in dusty eyes and ears?

It is strange how remote web detritus can effect other wise stable local language relationships, and throw corrupt glyphs into the display. Sublime core code is as secure as any other, in that respect. Perhaps someone ought to publish and maintain a support tutorial specifically related to Sublime hygiene. Just to show how easy it is to keep Sublime tip-top!

Now, I hear my wife shouting “HOORAY!” And differences of opinion are welcome. But lets face it… every tool benefits from its own maintenance… WHERE’S THE SUBLIME MAINTENANCE MANUAL?

0 Likes