Sublime Forum

Lost license key, and email inactive anymore

Hello, 2 years ago i purchased a license for me to use with a company I had back than. Meanwhile the company doesn’t exists anymore, and also as email accounts of the company, one with which i purchased the license. I do however have an installed license copy of Sublime Text 3 on my computer. Is there a way to retrieve the license key from the installation as i want to migrate the installation to a new computer?

0 Likes

The license should be in the following folder. I think you can just copy the License.sublime_license file to the new installation.

OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local
Windows: %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3/Local
Linux: ~/.config/sublime-text-3/local

0 Likes

Licenses are usually mixed/masked with system properties to prevent accidentally leaking your license. That means you can’t just copy the file as @r-stein suggested, if you’re moving to a new machine.

3 Likes

if you installed the license using the instructions here (unlikely) then this tip will work

otherwise, @FichteFoll is correct and you might not be able to recover your license (you should have kept a copy for your records, not relied on company email, but too late now) - authoritative source:

3 Likes