Sublime Forum

Lost context menu for Commits pane (Mac)

Hi, I’m using Sublime Merge 2069 on Mac. For some reason I can no longer Ctrl-click within the “Commits” tab/pane in the sidebar.

I’ve tried:

• Restarting Sublime Merge
  • Switching between “One Column”, “Two Columns”, etc

The context menus elsewhere within SM seem to work. For instance, I can Ctrl-click within the Locations tab to do stuff like Checkout, Merge, etc. So I don’t think this is a case of another program capturing the Ctrl-clicks.

Any thoughts on what I should do to get my context menus back?

0 Likes

Hi @kiwipavlova,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

The cause of the issue has been identified, and a fix will be available in the next build of Sublime Merge. If you’d like an immediate fix, you can access the previous development build via https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime_merge_build_2067_mac.zip, or you can switch to the stable channel.

I’ll update you once again when the fix has been released.

Many thanks,
- Dylan from Sublime HQ

2 Likes

Great, thank you Dylan!

0 Likes

Hi Dylan,

I’m using version 2072, and while I see that the context menus work again in this version, there is still something strange and inconvenient. When I right-click on a branch in the Commits tab and choose Merge… from the context menu, the Commit dialog appears in the main pane, so that part’s working again now. :+1:

However, there’s something strange about the dialog’s state at this point. If I go to use either of the dialog’s buttons (Cancel or Merge) with my mouse, the button doesn’t change to it’s rollover/hover state, and doesn’t respond to a click. I think the dialog doesn’t have focus or is otherwise getting its mouse events eaten by something else. The same goes for any of the checkboxes in the dialog (all mouse events seemingly ignored).

Then, clicking one of the buttons/controls (or anywhere else in the dialog) apparently focuses it (or whatever) and then the buttons work. In other words, you have to click twice: the first time with no UI feedback to “activate” the dialog, and then the second time to actually do the thing you want.

I’m using a Mac on 12.3.1 if that helps. Thank you.

0 Likes

Actually, the problem is more general than that. It appears that after you use many of the commands in the Commits context menu, the focus is probably still on the (now-hidden) menu or something, as you then need to click twice to get just about anything in the Sublime Merge UI to work.

Steps to reproduce:

1. With the Commits pane visible in the left sidebar, Ctrl-click a commit to get the commit context menu.

2. Use the mouse to choose one of the “copy” or “merge” commands from the context menu (the context menu now disappears).

3. Without clicking on anything else, note that hovering the mouse over the various UI elements within the Sublime Merge UI doesn’t show the various hover states and tooltips.

4. Click once on a button (such as in the Merge dialog if you chose a merge command, or just one of the Push/Pull or Stash/Pop buttons or whatever) and note that it doesn’t respond. However, you have now “corrected” whatever the problem is, meaning that the various UI elements throughout the app are now responsive.

5. Click again on a button or other UI element and note that it now works correctly.

A possible clue is that this behavior doesn’t happen if you invoke the context menu via a trackpad gesture (two-finger click) but it does happen if you invoke it with a keyboard modifier (Ctrl key while clicking).

0 Likes

Hi @kiwipavlova,

Thanks for sharing this additional information - much appreciated!

We’ve made some changes in Sublime Merge 2073, which should resolve this issue.
If you’re still seeing this issue after updating, please let me know and I can investigate this further.

Kind regards,
- Dylan

0 Likes