Sublime Forum

Lorem ipsum tab completion occurs even with tab completion disabled

After updating to (probably) 4142, I get a tab-complete from pressing tab after many different single letters in the Plain Text syntax, even though I have tab completion disabled.

Can be easily reproduced by opening a new file, then typing the following (I use Plain Text syntax for assembly, and as one can imagine with some assembly languages, this gets tripped very easily if I want to add a comment!)

and     L

where L can be replaced by any of the letters in “lorem”.

This is very frustrating, and I don’t have any idea what is causing it. I have a feeling that this probably shouldn’t occur even if I did have tab-completion on, but it certainly happens with it off at least.

0 Likes

probably caused by the following in default keybindings.

{ "keys": ["tab"], "command": "auto_complete", "args": {"snippets_only": true, "default": "\t", "commit_single": true},
		"context":
		[
			{ "key": "auto_complete_visible", "operand": false },
			{ "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": true, "match_all": true },
			{ "key": "setting.tab_completion", "operator": "equal", "operand": false },
			{ "key": "preceding_text", "operator": "regex_match", "operand": ".*\\w", "match_all": true },
		]
	},
0 Likes

@trap15 @jfcherng This should be fixed in the next dev build.

1 Like

The bug is ST4 displaying completion panel (with a choise of snippets) in case a word in front of the caret partially matches a tabTrigger instead of just inserting \t.

0 Likes