Sublime Forum

Looking for some help on getting inputs functioning in sublime text 3 with python

Hey everyone!

I’m fairly new to using sublime and am trying to use some inputs, so after some quick searching online I found out sublime does not support them by default and I have to use sublime repl, no problem ill just install that. after installing sublime repl and doing a few other steps and restarting sublime the next step is supposed to be to go to “tools>SublimeRepl>Python” however when I try to do this python is just not an option, there are plenty of others, just not python.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Sublime not executing my py files

I don’t use SublimeREPL personally so I can’t say why that menu item isn’t appearing; have you installed Python and added it to the PATH? SublimeREPL might be hiding the menu entry if it thinks that there’s not a valid Python installation for it to use.

That said, my personal recommendation for doing something like this would be to use Terminus instead of SublimeREPL. It adds an integrated terminal to Sublime, and you can also use it to make any build system interactive as well. Terminus is actively developed while SublimeREPL hasn’t been updated in quite a few years and is starting to show it’s age a little bit.

Assuming you’ve got Python up and running, the video below shows how to modify any sublime-build file to work with Terminus, and the example included is for Python directly (since it’s fairly commonly asked).

0 Likes

Python is near the beginning of the list of syntaxes in SublimeREPL, among the “Es” for some reason. Perhaps you missed it? It is not where it should be alphabetically.

0 Likes