Sublime Forum

Local build system files

Hi,
Is there a way to add project specific build system files?

For instance, let’s say I have a C++ project which needs some additional / different compiler arguments than the default C++ build system file. If I make a new build system file that includes these arguments, do I have to place the file in the Packages/User directory? Is there a way to place it in the project directory instead? If there is, how do I get the editor to execute this build file?

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“praetorian”]Hi,
Is there a way to add project specific build system files?

For instance, let’s say I have a C++ project which needs some additional / different compiler arguments than the default C++ build system file. If I make a new build system file that includes these arguments, do I have to place the file in the Packages/User directory? Is there a way to place it in the project directory instead? If there is, how do I get the editor to execute this build file?

Thanks![/quote]

You can put your build systems directly in the project file (Project|Edit Project):

[code]{
“folders”:

{
		"path": "source",
		"file_exclude_patterns": "a.out", "*.gch"],
		"folder_exclude_patterns": "a.out.dSYM"]
	}
],
"build_systems":

{
		"name": "C++ build",
		"cmd": "/opt/gcc-4.7.0/bin/g++", "$file"],
		"file_regex": "^(..^:]*):([0-9]+):?([0-9]+)?:? (.*)$",
		"working_dir": "${file_path}",
		"selector": "source.c, source.c++, source.makefile"
	}
]

}
[/code]

I’ve edited the text a bit to remove proprietary information, so think of this as an example. It might not work as written, but you get the idea…

0 Likes

Perfect! That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

0 Likes