Sublime Forum

List of include or associated files

Good Day, I am very new to Sublime and am swithing over from Dreamweaver after years of using it. I am primarly a Coldfusion programmer but really liked the way that Dreamweaver showed you the included files that you could switch to inside the interface. Is there a plugin or any way to see a list of included files? For example if you view the image below you can see all the included files that the current file you are working on has.

Any insight would be helpful. Thank you. PS so far I am liking Sublime 3.

1 Like

Automatically open dependent files

Do you want this to be visible all the time or would it be possible to only display the file list on a key combination or in the context menu?

Will clicking the buttons open a new tab or will it act sort of like an inline tab?

If it would also be okay to only open the included file when your caret is inside the reference, check out https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Open-Include.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I did install the Open Include but you have to be at the caret reference to use it. Some of my files are quite large and scrolling through to find a particular include ie. a footer for example sort of defeats the purpose of what I am looking for. (it is better than nothing though) To answer your question both a key combo or context menu would be great and I think opening in a new tab would be ok. In Dreamweaver it would actually open it in an inline tab and you could make changes and save then go back to your source tab.

0 Likes

Alright. I can at least assure you that this is possible to implement as a plugin. I don’t think a package like that exists already, though, and I won’t be the one writing it either - at least in the foreseeable future.

Maybe someone else can chime in with either a package that does this already or with some time to create it.

0 Likes

Thanks again. For now I will work with the Open Include, but if someone has done something like this please let me know. I am so new to Sublime there is no way I could write a plugin myself. Thanks.

0 Likes

Something related that may or may not help you is CTRL+P (Go to Anything), basically you type a portion of the file name to open and press enter. You can even browse to a method or symbol of that file by typing for example “footer@middle” to open middle symbol in a file named footer. (just an example)

0 Likes

That helps, I am still learning all the little short cuts. Doesn’t get me completely where I want to be but it is a huge help. :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes