Sublime Forum

List of all selector suggestions

Hello :slight_smile:
I recently started learning the language of coding and I have been using Sublime for a while now.
I love all the automated functions and features coding software provides (such as colors, auto-completion, etc.) and I’m curious if there is a function for what I’m looking for.

As you can see in the picture, when typing something like “text-shadow:” it will then suggest working functions(?) for the text-shadow selector, but only the ones that contain the letter(s) that you typed (in this case the letter A.)

Is there a way to open a list similar as the one in the picture with all the possible functions for this selector?

For example, when typing “border:” and then pressing a shortkey it would provide a list of all possible ‘endings’ to that selector, such as “solid, dotted, etc”.

I have found that CTRL + SPACE works, but it will show a list of everything(?), including things that make no sense. I can type text-shadow: and then press CTRL + SPACE and it would give me a long list with things like color, list-style, shape-rendering, etc. that have nothing to do with text-shadow.

This would help so much with experimenting and knowing what would ‘work’ because as a beginner I’m still finding out new things, and having a list of just the working suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance and many kind regards!

2 Likes

are you using ST build 3126 by any chance? I believe the issue with Ctrl+Space/autocompletion suggestions in CSS files has since been fixed:

indeed, in dev build 3141, I get:

2 Likes

It seems that I am indeed using build 3126.
When I check for updates nothing comes up, what should I do?

Thanks for helping me clear this up!

0 Likes

You should pay for a licence and get dev build 3141.

0 Likes