Sublime Forum

Light background, high contast, color scheme that's Python-aware?

I’ve been searching for a color scheme that meets these qualities, with no success:

• Understands python (surprisingly many don’t properly respond to python syntax)
  • Light background
  • All colors used are high contrast (very often find that most are, but the remaining couple are not… weird pinks, oranges, and purples are most common the violating colors)

Preferably, comments are italicized, there’s no line highlighting, and bolding is minimal or actually done intelligently, but I can always do some customization myself to whatever I install.

Any recommendations? I generally like the Jupyter Notebook color scheme, so that can help provide guidance.

0 Likes

You may have to expand upon that some. I would imagine most color schemes should be able to handle the broad strokes of Python just fine. Perhaps you are looking for something highly-tailored to Python?

0 Likes

I’d be very surprised if he default Python syntax had features not covered by the default themes.

Most light themes in PC are very limited though, not updated in ages, and certainly not utilizing the new syntax definitions. Tomorrow and Mac classic have good contrast but are very outdated. The new Sixteen is great on a good monitor, but it’s not very contrasty.

0 Likes

This is indeed a major issue with many light color schemes. They tend to use light grey default text and light highlighting colors as well which makes them barely usable.

Especially on Windows which seems to decrease contrast by ClearType even further.

0 Likes

Well thanks all for, unfortunately, confirming that there isn’t an existing theme that fits these qualifications. It’s helpful to know; I’ll stop searching myself now.

I’ll likely look into building my own / modding an existing one for this purpose.

0 Likes

I’m sorry for promotion but maybe it fits your needs.

Ok, I’ve tried to do that with DA Light color scheme. You can try it.

I think default Python syntax is supported quite well. However feel free to file your suggestions here.

:heavy_check_mark:

Contrast is not very high, but IMO is acceptable.

:heavy_check_mark:

Can be disabled via settings.

As I recall bolding is only used in Markdown highlighting by default.

0 Likes