Sublime Forum

Licenses keep getting revoked

Hi there,

I’ve no idea why my ST4 and Sublime Merge keep asking me to enter the license again and again recently. I am unsure whether some bugs or my laptop setup causes it, but I can ensure that I paid for it with my credit cards instead of getting a pirate license.

Am I the only one who faces this issue? Or any tips to fix it?
Thanks in advanced

0 Likes

Have you checked if this: Build 4126 - Keep having to reenter license key could be the issue?

0 Likes

Thanks @lovelymono

Sorry I forgot to mention this:
I’ve used the portable key
The ST version is the same: Build 4126
and it’s also running on Monterey (12.1)
but it still doesn’t work for me

The only difference is I am running on intel not M1

0 Likes

Hmm… what’s the location of the license key? @bschaaf any idea what could be the issue here?

0 Likes

I hope I am doing it right :cold_sweat:

subl ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text/Local/License.sublime_license
0 Likes

Related issue

0 Likes

Yeah, was thinking that it could be an issue with where it stores the license file, but that looks fine to me. It probably is the same issue @UltraInstinct05 linked.

0 Likes

By the way, have you tried removing the license completely and adding it again?

0 Likes

sorry for the late reply.
I did delete -> create license file -> cp my plaintext key -> open it again

and my mac doesn’t rotate the mac address only IP.
So far it’s already the fourth time it asked me to enter the key…

and just to confirm, does the sublime merge can fix it in the same way? i haven’t tried yet, since ST4 already brought me lots of headache

0 Likes

You can confirm whether it’s changing the mac address by seeing if the output from ioreg -l | grep IOMACAddress changes. Yes the portable license works with both ST and SM.

0 Likes

thanks! I’ve used this command to check my macaddress and keep tracking it. But it seems to be all the same :thinking: but anyways, I will keep trying it one more week…

0 Likes