Sublime Forum

Licence key

Hello,
I already have a licence for sublime text 3. I receive an automatic upgraded version for sublime text 4, how can upgaded for free, i have bougth sublime text 3 ?

Regards

0 Likes

Sublime Text 3 licenses have transitioned into 3 year licenses for Sublime Text 4 and beyond. If you’ve bought your license more than 3 years ago you can evaluate the latest version and upgrade your license here. If you’ve bought your license within the last 3 years it will continue to work for any versions released until that period has lapsed.

0 Likes

Can I downgrade to a previous version for which my existing license works? There was no notification that upgrading would require a new license and I would have continued with my previous version. There are no noticeable upgrades to justify a cost greater than I’ve already paid for my initial license.

0 Likes

https://www.sublimetext.com/3 and set "update_check": false, in user preferences.

0 Likes

Yeh, very poor form this. :pensive:
@anthonyshaw same happened to me. Once I realised my previous license is not valid for ST4 :face_vomiting:, had to uninstall ST4 and clean install Sublime Text 3 + all Packages, then set "update_check": false, in user preferences. What a pain.

I don’t feel inclined to $pay for another license because of this.

0 Likes