Sublime Forum

Launch Terminal/Command Line at repo path

I’v been using Sublime Merge for two day’s now I’m trying to replace SourceTree and it has been going great so far but there are a few features I’m missing. (I’m using Rider as my IDE/Code editor)

I’d like a button to launch the terminal/commandline as sometimes I need to do something that is not implemented yet in Sublime Merge, like interactive rebase. The button should just launch a terminal window with the path set at the repository.

5 Likes

0 Likes

I would also like to have Git Terminal (On Windows) from Sublime Merge.

SmartGit has it and it works beautifully.

0 Likes

I can’t believe this feature is not included. Sublime typically has this bare bone, type heavy cli style.

It even comes with this “command palette” (ctrl+p) but you actually can’t type actual commands in it. It would merge perfectly with the existing functionality. It would suggest you some premade commands (like now) but if you enter your own command it would just execute it. For example I type “git add” in command palette, it suggests “stage all modified - git add -u” but when I type further “index.js” it would just execute the full command typed … “git add index.js”.

0 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking exactly the same thing here.

0 Likes

Until this becomes built in, here is a possible solution:

0 Likes

Any update on this?
Does the current version has built in GIT Terminal?

0 Likes