Sublime Forum

LaTeX Package, but without Package Control

Probably a long shot, but I am trying to use a package that isn’t hosted on GitHub (https://ctan.org/pkg/prooftrees), and so doesn’t seem to be addable by Package Control.

Probably it’s obvious how to do this, but I can seem to figure it out. Any advice would be most appreciated!

0 Likes

This is not a Sublime text package, just a latex extension

0 Likes

Right. But . . . I can’t seem to get it to install because package control doesn’t see it?

Like I said, probably the answer to this is obvious but I can’t see it.

0 Likes

Prooftrees requires Forest, which installs into the selected operating system.
Follow the links in the link you provided, and you should be able to install it.
I don’t use LaTeX or anything connected to it, but I don’t think you will be able to use prooftrees with sublime text. It seems to be a graphical package.
That’s all I can say about it.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply Jackeroo! I’ve got Forest, which installs just fine, but prooftrees won’t - or, at least, I can’t figure out how to do it since it won’t appear in package control.

I guess what I am really looking for is a way to manually install a LaTeX extension such that Sublime Text can find and use it.

0 Likes

I don’t get the idea why it has something to do with Package Control… or even Sublime Text itself. It’s just a library which your preferred language uses.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply jfcherng!

That’s actually quite helpful. What I am lost about - and again, I am sure this is somehow incredibly obvious - is where to put the library so I can use it. In previous cases where I’ve needed a new library like this, I’ve installed it using Package Control, which puts them wherever they need to by automatically.

0 Likes

I would wonder how Forest is installed then…

0 Likes

Forest installed with Package Control.

0 Likes

That doesn’t sound right to me. More over, there is no Forest package on Package Control by the way. https://packagecontrol.io/search/Forest

0 Likes

Yeah, I should have said a bit more, sorry.

You can add repositories in Package Control, and I added the one for Forest (which is hosted on GitHub).

But, sadly, I can’t do the same thing prooftrees because it isn’t hosted on GitHub, and I can’t redirect Package Control to CTAN in the same way.

I really appreciate your replies, by the way. Obviously, I’m in a bit over my head, and really appreciate the help.

0 Likes

It (99%) sounds like you have misunsterstood Package Control: Add Repository. If something is not made as a ST plugin. Add it to ST via Package Control: Add Repository won’t magically turn it into a valid ST plugin.

What you have to do is install latex packages into its own environment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYJkU17Wfnc But I am not a guru of “complex” latex-related ecosystems, I just used it once like 10 years ago. What I can provide here is making the issue sound logically reasonable.

0 Likes

EDIT: that video (which I obviously should have of searching for) led me to a few others which eventually answered my question.

Thanks again to everyone who helped - it really is very much appreciated.

1 Like