Sublime Forum

Keymap: cmd+shift+^ doesn't work

Hey everyone!

I’d like to set cmd+^ to next file and cmd+shift+^ to previous. But the latter isn’t working. Is it reserved? I don’t think I have it set on a system level (macOS).

Best wishes,
Shu

0 Likes

^ doesn’t refer to a key; it’s the result of shifting 6. So to bind it you’ll want to do "super+6".

0 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for the info! I’ll try that!

0 Likes

This kind of works, but I always have to release shift to trigger the function again. Might there be a way to just hold cmd+shift, then ^ a few times to jump up a few files?

0 Likes

I can’t reproduce that here. I’m not having to release shift. What exact keybindings are you using?

0 Likes

I’m using this:
{“keys”: [super+^], “command”: “next_view”},
{“keys”: [super+6+shift], “command”: “prev_view”},

Not sure why, but now it doesn’t work anymore at all.
I removed the second line since it didn’t work just the way it should and replaced it with super+0.
Should cmd+^ be super+super+6? I do think I typed super+6+shift last time, which, thinking about it, wouldn’t make sense if ^ is super+6 and I want cmd+^, so it would be super+super+6. I’m probably missing something. Tried that as well, though, which didn’t work either.
Anyway, having to release shift probably was a result of the first line? I’d have to use those combined to make sense, or I just stick with my current super+0 for prev_view, which works as well.

0 Likes

You’re missing quotes around the "super+6". ST shows you an error when you save those keybindings.

0 Likes

Sorry, I forgot those when copying the text by typing on a different device. Those are present in my key-bindings file.

0 Likes

"super+6" and "super+shift"6 for those keybindings work as expected for me.

0 Likes

I really tried a few times now, not sure what I’m doing wrong, but it doesn’t work. Maybe a macOS specific issue?

0 Likes

Can you paste the exact keybindings you’re using? Fwiw I was testing on macOS; other operating systems don’t have CMD.

0 Likes

Here is a file that I used for testing the keymap:
https://www.shushustorm.com/_Uploads/SublimeText/4126_KeymapNotWorking/Default%20(OSX).sublime-keymap

0 Likes

In that keymap you’ve got cmd+6 bound to focus group further down. That takes precedence.

0 Likes

Thanks for the hint! Absolutely makes sense!
I’ll stick with cmd+0!

0 Likes