Sublime Forum

Keep File Open Regardless of Project

Hi,

I have tried to find an answer through Google, but I have failed.

I have a text file that I keep open all the time to keep notes, command lines, and other stuff. When I create a project and close it, ST also closes that file. Is there a way (ST native or plugin) to make this file “sticky” in the sense that it always stays open in ST regardless of closing/switching projects?

Cheers,
-michael

0 Likes

I don’t believe that there is a way to do that as a core feature, no.

It might be possible to code something up in a plugin but I’m not sure offhand if it’s possible to catch all of the cases where a new window is being opened or a project is being switched to.

If you keep the file in the same location always you could create a key binding that opens it without having to go through a file dialog of some sort.

Additionally the package PlainNotes might be of assistance. It doesn’t persist note files per window, but it does make it easier to jump into notes without having to create such a shortcut yourself.

0 Likes

The closest I have found is FavoriteFiles:

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/FavoriteFiles

It lets you set files as favorites and also put favorite files in groups. Then you can open a favorite file or a group of favorite files by using the command palette.

0 Likes

Dear all,

thanks for the hints. As none of them fit my needs, I took a stab and wrote a small plugin for this

Cheers,
-michael

0 Likes