Sublime Forum

JumpTo - Jump to any character in a line

Hi everyone,

I was always impressed by the Vim movement commands but never liked the Vintage mode. Can’t explain why, it just doesn’t feel right to me.

So I created this very small plugin to implement something similar. I find it useful, especially when modifying multiple slightly different lines at the same time.

github.com/JonasPf/JumpTo

Use Ctrl+E to jump to a specific string in the current line. Ctrl+Shift+E does the same but also selects the text. Here is a short video: http://vimeo.com/48392058)

It doesn’t work with macros. Any ideas on how to fix that are more than welcome.

Regards,
Jonas

0 Likes

Is there a way?
Incremental find and multiple selections

Great! But will it available on Package Control?

0 Likes

singw, just add it yourself

[quote]Add Repository
Add a repository that is not included in the default channel. This allows users to install and automatically update packages from GitHub and BitBucket. To add a package hosted on GitHub, enter the URL in the form bitbucket.org/username/repository.[/quote]

wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control/usage

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]singw, just add it yourself

Add a repository that is not included in the default channel. This allows users to install and automatically update packages from GitHub and BitBucket. To add a package hosted on GitHub, enter the URL in the form bitbucket.org/username/repository.
wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control/usage[/quote]

Oh, thx. I don’t know I can add Repository to Package Control before. Really thx. :wink:

0 Likes

Hi,

would it be possible to highlight the characters that you enter into the “Jump to:” line directly in the code you’re editing?

E.g.:
$valName = formatlist($valueName, “q”);

The cursor is at the beginning of the line. I hit ctrl + e (my shortcut for JumpTo) and enter “val” (without quotation marks).What I like to see is, that the term “val” (inside $valueName) is highlighted with e.g. a green foreground color. When I hit enter the cursor jumps to it’s new position and the highlight disappears. It would make jumping much more “visible” (you can see easily where the cursor will go to).

Tia,
Highend

0 Likes

I do something similar in my fork:
https://github.com/bizoo/JumpTo
I didn’t send a Pull request yet, maybe latter…
As I removed the default keybindings, not sure the owner of this plugin like it, but I really don’t like default keybindings :frowning:

0 Likes

I think this plugin is really helpful (at least for me) and it’s sad that it’s not available in Package Control.
I’ve send a Pull Request in GitHub 2 months ago without any answer from OP.

I don’t like to do this kind of thing but do you think that publishing my fork on Package Manager is OK ?

0 Likes

Just stumbled upon this. Sorry, I haven’t checked the forum in a while and totally forgot about this thread.

bizoo, that’s a cool improvement. Please go ahead and publish it. I don’t have time to maintain this anyway.

I’m not very active on github. Is there a proper way of telling people that your repo supersedes mine? Maybe I should change the README.md?

Btw. I found another nice plugin which does a similar job: github.com/tednaleid/SublimeJump

0 Likes

No problem.

[quote=“JonasPf”]bizoo, that’s a cool improvement. Please go ahead and publish it. I don’t have time to maintain this anyway.
I’m not very active on github. Is there a proper way of telling people that your repo supersedes mine? Maybe I should change the README.md?[/quote]

Currently, I’m not a very active user of ST2 forum, so I’m not sure I want to spend my times maintaining it either. Will think about it…

Interesting and useful, but totally useless for multi-selection. So it couldn’t replace your plugin.

0 Likes