Sublime Forum

Jump To Matching Bracket Addition

Love the Jump to Matching Bracket function.

I would like to suggest either allowing this to be customizable, or include “<” and “>” in the bracket list.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just for people like me who are looking for the shortcut for jump to matching bracket, it’s: CTRL+M.

5 Likes

Perhaps an option like word_separators but for matching brackets would be awesome :smile:

1 Like

I believe this already exists. On Mac pressing ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT will move you by word boundaries left and right respectively. (Can’t remember windows…maybe CTRL+LEFT etc.)…or maybe you meant something else.

[quote=“briggs”]Love the Jump to Matching Bracket function.

I would like to suggest either allowing this to be customizable, or include “<” and “>” in the bracket list.

Thanks![/quote]

BracketHighlighter allows this with ALT+UP and ALT+DOWN. It is important to say though that on HTML, tags it moves between the beginning of tag content to end of tag content, but this could easily be adjusted to use a setting to allow you to move between beginning of start tag and end tag etc.

Its funny, I never knew ST2 did most of this; probably wouldn’t have implemented my own version in BracketHighlighter had I known that originally. Maybe I will deprecate it in the future if there turns out to be no advantage of including it.

1 Like