Sublime Forum

JS Custom - Customizable syntax highlighting for JavaScript with JSX, Flow, and more

JS Custom

JS Custom provides syntax highlighting for JavaScript with support for JSX, Flow types, and more. Unlike existing packages like babel-sublime, these extensions are not hardcoded in — you can selectively enable exactly the features that you need.

At the heart of JS Custom is Sublime’s core JavaScript syntax. JS Custom augments the core syntax with a variety of extensions. You can individually enable, disable, and configure these extensions, and JS Custom will automatically build a custom syntax definition according to your preferences. You can even keep multiple configurations with different sets of options. Or, you can simply use JS Custom as a drop-in replacement for babel-sublime (use the “JS Custom - React” syntax).

I’ve been using JS Custom for several weeks, and I think it’s ready for general use. Now that the core is stable, I’m looking for feedback.

Current priorities are as follows:

1. Bugs.
  2. Ensuring that the default React configuration is a drop-in replacement for babel-sublime.
  3. Other new features.

Possible future developments include:

• Full support for stage-3 and stage-4 experimental features (via work on the core JavaScript syntax).
  • Improved Flow type support. (I don’t use it myself, so the current implementation may be rough around the edges.)
  • Highlighting for framework-specific constants and classes.
  • TypeScript support.

You can find full documentation and installation instructions on the JS Custom GitHub page. Or, just install “JSCustom” with Package Control and give it a try.

8 Likes