Sublime Forum

JS Completions 4

I’ve created a slightly simplified, more traditional, version of my JavaScript completions AndyJS4.sublime-completions.

1. With version 3 I was including object names as part of the trigger. The idea was that, for new users, typing ‘Window’ would produce a list of members for the Window object. However, because it’s part of the trigger, it means that a lot of unwanted items might appear in the completions list. In version 4 the object names are just completion-descriptions.
  2. In version 3,typing ‘alert’ would prepend ‘window’ if there wasn’t already a reference to this object typed. I’ve removed this feature. However, I’ve kept it for Math, static-methods. That is, I can type ‘abs’ and it will create ‘Math.abs()’.
  1. I’ve removed the underscore from the trigger for css-properties. Again, it was unfamiliar, and was unnecessary - particularly as the css properties are listed last in the completions file.

2. I’ve added $0 to the end of completions that include parameters. I think it’s clearer and I prefer to tab out of the brackets.
    AndyJS4.zip (9.49 KB)*

0 Likes