Sublime Forum

Java build. Need full name class for run

My build config:
{
“cmd”:“javac -d /home/bai/BaseLays/bin -sourcepath src $file && java -classpath ./bin $file_base_name”,
“file_regex”: “^[ ]File "(…?)”, line ([0-9]*)",
“path”:"/home/bai/Programs/jdk1.8.0_241/bin/",
“selector”: “source.java”,
“shell”:true
}
Тhe compilation is successful, but the interpretation is not, java needs the full class name. If I launch from the terminal java -classpath ./bin full_name_class_file it works! Help pls.

0 Likes

you may find variables in https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/build_systems.html#variables. maybe there is something useful.

1 Like

None of the file variables give the right result.

0 Likes

You say running java -classpath ./bin full_name_class_file works. Is your file named full_name_class_file?

0 Likes

No no. My file name Main.java, it successfully compiles in Main.class. To run Main.class from the shell, you must specify the full name of the class.

Structure project:
----BaseLays
------bin
------src
----------com
----------------base
----------------------math
-----------------------------Main.class

Main.class has name package com.base.math. He run from shell java -cp . com.base.math.Main That’s the name you need to put in the config.

0 Likes

Well there’s no build system variable for the java fully qualified class name, so your only option is to hard-code the class in this case. Either that or use a proper build system like gradle, a shell script or something to compile/run your code without needing to specify the fully qualified class name.

2 Likes