Sublime Forum

It will exits suddenly when I open a log file(size >200MB)

It will exits suddenly ,or lags then crashes when I open a log file(size >200MB),I didn’t know whether if it’s related to the installation of plugin: Log HighLight?

sublime text version:3.2.2

0 Likes

Does it also happen in Sublime Text 4?

0 Likes

Well,I just use sublime text 3.2.2,you mean I should update the version to 4?

0 Likes

ST4 has a large number of crash fixes, it’s possible this bug has already been fixed. Otherwise you could try temporarily reverting to a freshly installed state.

0 Likes

It still happened to portable ST4 after I used the Log Highlight plugin.

0 Likes

I guess Log HighLight consumes a lot of performance when highlighting the entire code.

0 Likes

Hi,I found highlight would be very resource intensive even though I switched the file display format,for example text file to C/C++,and there is no hightlight plugins package on my sublime text 4.

0 Likes

What do you mean by resource intensive. How large is the C/C++ file you’re asking ST to highlight?

0 Likes

200MB(The title has already mentioned).No matter what form of highlighting format I use, it will consume a lot of performance and cause it to get stuck. It has nothing to do with C++ unless I use Textile

0 Likes

That sounds to me like a problem with Log Highlight, although I’ll need to look into why ST is crashing. I suggest filing an issue on their repository: https://github.com/poucotm/Log-Highlight/issues.

0 Likes