Sublime Forum

Issue with upgrading to version 4

Hi folks,

I was asked to obtain a new license to continue using Sublime Text 4 this morning. I closed the app, got the license, but when I opened the app again it’s no longer asking me for a license. It just says “LICENSE UPGRADE REQUIRED”. As far as I can tell, all my settings (in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text/) have been deleted as well.

Can someone explain to me how:

1. To enter the license into Sublime Text.
  2. Restore my settings.

Thank you! :pray:

0 Likes

I was able to find out under “Help” the option to remove the existing license and to add the new one.

Unfortunately my settings really do seem to have been completely erased :frowning:

0 Likes

The new license popup only shows up when entering an older license, otherwise only the window title is changed so as to not inconvenience customers who have previously bought a license. We don’t delete anything from settings or such, could it be that you also have ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/ with your settings in them?

1 Like

Unfortunately, for reasons I don’t understand, Sublime Text did clear out all the folder, including all my settings and customizations :frowning:

0 Likes