Sublime Forum

Issue with filter=tabspace

Hello,

Lately I’ve been having an issue with the “Modified Files” diff view. I use filters filter.tabspace.clean and filter.tabspace.smudge on some file types, and for these files any change, even a single line, results in the entire file being red starting from a random line, usually close to line 30 or line 60:

However once the file has been staged, everything appears normal! (Note that the changed line is 244 in “Staged Files”, whereas in “Modified Files” everything is changed from line 33??)

These filter settings and Sublime Merge have worked flawlessly together for years, and it’s only since installing a newer version of Ubuntu that I have this issue. (I am not sure what version of Sublime Merge I was on prior to reinstalling, but I’m pretty sure it was recent if not most recent). Possibly relevant: previously it was a .deb version; now it’s a flatpak.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so is there some git or chmod or Sublime Merge setting which is causing the issue?

Thanks in advance for briefly glancing at this issue and sparing a couple brain-CPU-cycles to consider if you’ve seen it before!

0 Likes