Sublime Forum

Issue using keyboard navigation to extend Vintage visual selection

When I extend a visual-mode selection with the j or k keys, as soon as the beginning of the selection is forced beyond the top or bottom (resp.) of the page, on alternate key presses (including j, k, l, h, left arrow, right arrow, up arrow, down arrow), the focus jumps between the cursor and the other end of the selection. If I use ‘o’ to move the cursor to the other end of the selection, however, the focus remains in the same place, not jumping to follow the cursor to the opposite end of the selected range.

This makes it difficult to accurately select to the line I want without resorting to using the mouse to scroll back to the cursor location

This has only started happening since I updated to 3.2/3200, but sounds like the same issue reported here reported back in December, using 3183.

Windows 10 (however, I believe I have seen the issue occur on my Lubuntu box - also updated to 3200, too. I will try and confirm when I get back home)

0 Likes

For the record, this appears to have been resolved in v3.2.1/build3207.

0 Likes

FYI, this was reported and resolved over at https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/2773.

1 Like