Sublime Forum

Isolate conflicts more cleanly during a resolve?

Had a situation this week where there was a very large merge that conflicted on only 4 lines.

In the “preview” view in sublime merge (right side pane) it correctly showed only the 4 conflicting lines. However, after pressing resolve, in the popup window, a much larger section of the file was identified as the conflict, leading to confusion for one of my users who underwent a long and arduous merge instead of a quick one.

Tried some other diff clients - some were able to isolate the smaller conflict correctly. Is there an option I’m missing here in Sublime Merge? Maybe something I can turn off with a name like “Include entire hunk in conflicts”?

1 Like

Bump! Anyone got any advice or tips?

0 Likes

Hi @atajosh,

This sounds like it a potential bug. What version of Sublime Merge are you using, and what platform are you on? This information can be found in the About window of Sublime Merge.

Are you able to consistently replicate this issue?

Thanks,

• Dylan
0 Likes

I am also seeing this issue from time to time using the latest development version. Last time I saw this problem was during rebase when there was no common base between two versions. But can’t remember exactly anymore.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info @fdr!

What platform are you using?

Thanks,
- Dylan

0 Likes

This is on Win10. I will keep an eye open when I see this effect again to hopefully get some more details. The only hint for now is that this happened when there is no common base file, at least in my case. Just a conflict of type “Add new file with content A” vs. “Add new file with content B”. Then, the common sections where also marked as conflicting.

1 Like

Hi All,

Thanks for the information - I’ve been able to reproduce this bug. We will be investigating this further, and I’ll notify you again once progress has been made.

Thanks,
- Dylan

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s a bug, but it’s a bit annoying. I have another (commercial) merge tool that completely rejects working in this case – which is much less acceptable.

0 Likes