Sublime Forum

Is there a way to convert Vscode theme to sublime theme?

Hi,
I am totally digging the shades of purple theme for Hyper and Alfred. I would also like to use it for Sublime text. Can someone please let me know if there is way to convert VsCode theme to Sublime theme (or at least the color scheme) ? I checked the Github repo, there is no link for Sublime Text.

Thanks and Regards
Gagan

1 Like

Without being an theme developer or so I would say: No, there is no way to convert it. Those worlds are very different.

0 Likes

You can at most rewrite the theme, but it would require for you to understand both Sublime Text and VSCode theme customizations.

For color schemes, this should not be too difficult because both Sublime Text and VSCode accept TextMate XML formats. What is impossible is the opposite, i.e., from Sublime Text to VSCode because VSCode does not implement scope arithmetic:

And some color schemes will look very different, if this is not supported. When they implemented it, they thought scope exclusion would not be too important:

0 Likes

Thank you sir for all the help. Much appreciated.

Regards
Gagan

0 Likes

Yes! There is a npm package that works very well: https://www.npmjs.com/package/vscode-theme-to-sublime-text

0 Likes