Sublime Forum

Is syntax based folding ever going to be supported?

This is the only thing I really don’t like about sublimetext.

The folding works ok for indentation based languages like python, but that’s not my primary language.

I typically work with crappy hardware languages like VHDL and verilog/systemverilog.

The syntaxfold plugin seems to work ok for some languages but it currently doesn’t work for a few special characters. Namely [ ] or ( ).

I think I’m pretty much going to have to branch my own version of syntaxfold or open an issue on a plugin that’s 2 years old to fix this, but it still seems like a pretty basic thing that ST is missing.

Are there any plans in the near future to implement this or at least expose the API so plug ins can control folding more elegantly?

1 Like

Quick update to this.

There’s a pull request sitting on syntax fold that solves the major issue I have with syntaxfold where you can’t have multiple markers for a single source file type.

This makes the plug in much more usable. Now I still have grief with sublime not supporting folding out of the box but at least this patched plug in makes it livable now.

Now I don’t have to have an awkward conversation with coworkers about my text editor choice.

0 Likes