Sublime Forum

Is it possible to embed sublime into a QT python panel?

Hi,

I am trying to create/embed a sublime editor on a QT (pyqt) panel so I can use it inside another application.

This app supports pyqt and allows creating pyqt dialogs/windows. I want to use sublime inside this app via pyqt.

Is this possible? Of course this will only work if you have sublime installed.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

I’d tried that approach few weeks ago succesfully on a pyqt, pyside2 but neither the perfomance, interaction, embedding were optimal.

That’s why I’m trying the other way around… Creating an standalone widget with Sublime’s features that you can embed in your apps, give it a shot, I call it pyblime. Trying to find people interested in the idea atm if you want to join :wink:

0 Likes

Great idea but upon trying i found it to be incompatible at least with my current settings

0 Likes

Yeah, as you can see I’ve just posted the syntec wrapper compiled for windows as that’s the platform I use for coding. That said, it’s intentional not posting the sources of my syntect wrappers as I don’t really want possible contributors wasting their time installing or compiling rust code or worrying about meaningless stuff. I wanted this project to be a “python” project instead of a “rust” project :slight_smile:

If somebody else is interested to help with the project it wouldn’t be a problem for me to provide the proper modules for their specific platform.

On the other hand, it’s one thing which I find quite tricky… https://packaging.python.org/guides/packaging-binary-extensions/#binary-extensions-for-linux.

Ps. @prelanov If you’re interested to try, just open an issue and we’ll dispatch it in a blink :wink:

0 Likes

would the new release help with your current settings? :open_mouth:

0 Likes