Sublime Forum

Invalid License Key Issue with Sublime Text

Body: Hi all,

I’m having trouble with my new Sublime Text license. When entering the key, I get:

“That license key doesn’t appear to be valid.”

I’ve already:

1. Double-checked the key
  2. Emailed official support (no response)
  3. Tried solutions from old forum posts (didn’t work)

Has anyone faced this recently? Any fresh ideas or tips to get support’s attention?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

I’ve just tested your license on my local machine and it works fine. Make sure you’re including the ----- BEGIN LICENSE ----- and ------ END LICENSE ------ lines.

0 Likes

Thank you for your response. I’ve attached a screenshot of the license entry screen, with some numbers replaced for security reasons. I don’t see the error you mentioned. Could you please help me analyze this situation?

def11ba8ce8cadd0d658de1bffbe3590
Does anything look unusual or incorrect based on this image? I’d appreciate your insights on what might be causing the issue.

0 Likes

That looks like Sublime Text 3 and not Sublime Text 4, some newer licenses like yours are not understood by ST3. I suggest downloading Sublime Text 4 from our website.

If you’re set on using ST3 you can email & ask support to generate you an older license key that will work.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! Following your advice, I re-downloaded ST4, and it’s now running smoothly. I really appreciate your assistance in resolving the issue.

2 Likes