Sublime Forum

Intellisense - cannot paste into console?

Hi - trying desperately to get Python to do something useful, and not having much luck. I’ve reverted back to Sublime 3 on the recommendation of my peers, but have almost immediately hit a wall (as is the case with all things related to the Devil’s language).

Since I don’t know Python, intellisense (or type ahead?) is critical, and I’m trying to get it going using the instructions found here: https://packagecontrol.io/installation

The instructions say “paste the appropriate Python code for your version of Sublime Text into the console.”

But my console doesn’t accept pasted text. What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes

that documentation needs updating:

the console panel has two textboxes, one large readonly one, and one single line one below it - the latter is where you should type Python code for immediate execution (when pressing Enter afterwards).

0 Likes

Thank you kingkeith, but when I launch the console, there is one box at the bottom of the screen, and I cannot edit the contents. Is there some other way?

0 Likes

just forgot about pasting Python code and use the Tools menu as described in the link I posted

0 Likes

I saved the git hub content to a new html page and found the manual instructions.
But the link in step 3 brings up

Your file was not found
It may have been moved or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

0 Likes