Sublime Forum

Installed neovintageous, competing key bindings seem not there

New to sublime…

So I had vintage installed and realized it didn’t support marking (ma, mb, etc.) and then moving somewhere else and yanking to that mark (y’a, y’b, etc.).

So I installed neovintageous. It gave me the capabilities I needed, but things like ctrl-f (page-down), ctrl-b (page-up), ctrl-w (window prefix key) have competing meanings from sublime or from windows and instead of neovintageous “winning” it seems like the other bindings are winning.

I did set vintageous_ctrl_keys to true (I tried neovintageous_ctrl_keys as well, just in case) but no joy.

Eventually I created my own key bindings for ctrl-f and ctrl-b, copying from the sublime defaults for page-dn and page-up. But I don’t know where to go to find out how to bind ctrl-w.

Really what I’m looking for is some way to make neovintageous a little more “assertive” in binding keys even if sublime already has a meaning. Is there something special I’m supposed to do to make that happen?

0 Likes

Welcome to sublime…

I believe you need to use:
“vintageous_use_ctrl_keys”: true

Try the :help neovintagoeus command to learn more about the various neovintageous options and differences from Vim.

0 Likes

That was it - I thought I had tried this, but I was using “vintageous_ctrl_keys” instead of “vintageous_use_ctrl_keys”.

Thanks!

0 Likes