Sublime Forum

Install help for emmet & live server on sublime 4

Question:
Does Emmet and liveserver work on sublime text 4?

Context:
I am in love with the updates to sublime text, and I would like to switch from atom. The tools I rely on are Emmet and liveserver. They don’t seem to work for me. Is sublime text to new? Did I miss something?

0 Likes

Do you have Package Control installed? If not, do so by opening the command palette (Ctrl + Shift + P) and search for “Install Package Control”. Press Return to confirm installation.

After installation is complete, search for “Package Control: Install Package” and select it. This will list all available packages. Search for “Emmet” and install it. Repeat the process for the package “LiveServer”.

0 Likes

Emmet is still available and is greatly improved (The previous version used to download & run some JS runtime IIRC to provide the features, but now it’s implemented in pure python).

I am not sure about live server, though. Never used it myself but many users have reported it not working properly.

0 Likes

Some how I missed package control, thanks @C0Nd3Mnd.

I got emmet working. Still working on LiveServer. Will post here if I get stumped.

Thanks everyone.

0 Likes

My Solution:

Through searching I stumbled upon the NPM package live-server. I set it aside, then tried livereload and liveserver. After neither worked for me. I tried the NPM package and it worked. Turns out it was easier to setup then the packages, and it more helpful since it’s not attached to the editor.

2 Likes

quick question. Which one?

0 Likes

Live Server NPM package I chose.

version: live-server 1.2.1

live-server --help
Usage: live-server [-v|–version] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [–port=PORT] [–host=HOST] [–open=PATH] [–no-browser] [–browser=BROWSER] [–ignore=PATH] [–ignorePattern=RGXP] [–no-css-inject] [–entry-file=PATH] [–spa] [–mount=ROUTE:PATH] [–wait=MILLISECONDS] [–htpasswd=PATH] [–cors] [–https=PATH] [–https-module=MODULE_NAME] [–proxy=PATH] [PATH]

0 Likes