Sublime Forum

InsertDate - About inserting the current date or time

I wrote this plugin a while ago which will insert the current (local) date or time into the view. It supports multiple selections, replacing selected text and has a variety of options like specifying the format string and binding that to a key combination.
Additionally I included the pytz lib to support named timezones. There are a bunch of examples how to use them.

I might look a bit complicated at first sight, but people using Sublime Text should get its usability soon enough.

There is also a popup with a few default configurations that you can modify in the settings that looks as follows:

Link: github.com/FichteFoll/sublimetext-insertdate
Of course it’s also available on Package Control.

0 Likes

So, I just now remembered that I actually created a thread for this plugin here, so I’d like to use this to announce that InsertDate got an update some time ago.

Notable features:

• ST3 compatible
  • Configurable dropdown list of commonly used formats and timezones with preview, replaces the old standard operation on “f5”. Have a screenshot: *(http://i.imgur.com/57S5iH2.png)

Keybindings: github.com/FichteFoll/sublimete … ime-keymap (replace “ctrl” with “super” on OSX).*

0 Likes

This has to be the most complete insert date plugin I have seen. Quite configurable. I’m going to check this out. Wonder how I missed this…

0 Likes

Just pushed an update to this (and updated the ancient start post).

The most changes are minor, but I updated the default configurations in the popup and added some more commands to the command palette, as I feel every plugin should provide.

0 Likes