Sublime Forum

Indexing hanging on markdown files

Hi,

I’m using ST 3.1.1, build 3176 on Windows 10. I have the Markdown Extended package installed for syntax highlighting markdown files. I’ve noticed recently that ST was consuming a larger than normal amount of CPU, and found that the indexing is failing on markdown files. If I open Help > Indexing Status… I see messages like:

indexing: crawler exited while processing <path to .md file>, no symbols recorded

With the Markdown Extended package removed, the problem goes away. But when I installed again, the problem will happen again. I can reproduce this with a folder with a single simple markdown file in it.

Does anyone know the cause? I wasn’t sure if this was something that I should report to the Markdown Extended author, or report here?

Thanks,
Jake

1 Like

This seems to be a related issue

0 Likes

having the exact same issue. Indexing gets stuck on markdown files, and the only markdown extensions I have are “Markdown Extended”, “MarkdownPreview”, “OmniMarkupPreviewer”, and “Pandown”, though I’m pretty sure “Markdown Extended” is the culprit because it is the only one that adds a tmlanguage file.

0 Likes