Sublime Forum

Increase Open Recent List

I searched the internet, but couldnt find a way to increase the “Project->Open Recent” list on Ubuntu 14.04 Sublime Text 3.
Sublime is installed via deb ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/su … t-3/ubuntu trusty main.
Do’se any one know how I can do this?

0 Likes

Install “File History” package.

0 Likes

Hmm, where can I extend the number of listetd recent projects there? Currently its 8 I need about 15.

I added a screenshot so its more clear what i mean…

0 Likes

I bump this…
Has not anybody a solution for this, how to increase the number of projects which there are listed?

0 Likes

Oh, I thought you were referring to “recent files”, not “recent projects”.

I use the “quick switch project” panel for switching between projects, available in the menu and ctrl+alt+p. I currently contains 9 entries, including the active.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]

Oh, I thought you were referring to “recent files”, not “recent projects”.

I use the “quick switch project” panel for switching between projects, available in the menu and ctrl+alt+p. I currently contains 9 entries, including the active.[/quote]

Thanks, thats a first solution.
It’s a pity that its not just possible to increase a number in a config file.
I used to change projects via the recent projects…

0 Likes

You can edit the Main.sublime-menu to “fix” this manually.

I found a detailed description here:

0 Likes

I’d like to accomplish this same thing in ST4 – increase the number of projects that show up in the “Project > Open Recent” list. Is there a different approach now, or is editing the main.sublime-menu file still the fix?

0 Likes

You can view the full history of opened projects in the project quick-switcher: Project > Quick Switch Project.

0 Likes

True, thanks, but that switches out the currently open project. I often run a couple projects side by side, so I don’t always want the open project to close when I pull up another one.

The current limit in the “open recent” looks likes 8. Is there any relatively simple way to increase that? I’m not a coder, but I’m comfortable changing settings files.

0 Likes

If you hold ctrl while pressing enter/clicking on an item in the quick switch menu it will open a new window instead.

1 Like

Beautiful! Thanks much.

0 Likes