Sublime Forum

Im having issue showing my html code on chrome

Im trying to learn html code in sublime and after i have coded correctly my page from a beginner tutorial it shows my code alot with the text all in one. I dont understand why isnt just the text in the html brackets showing why is all my code and brackets being showed . Ive tried alot of things such as installinga text editor and I really dont know what else i can do . Because my html document shows as a white little page and installing text editor hasnt helped the situation at all. I still have the issue where all mybrackets and the text is all showing.

0 Likes

I’m not trying to be sarcastic but where did you write your HTML code and what text editor did you install?

I’m only asking as you mention installing the text editor after writing the code part. Normally you should have installed a text editor first then write the code in it…

Also, once you wrote your HTML code, you must save the the file with the “.html” extension, then you should be able to double click on it and your default editor will open it up.

0 Likes

The text editor should display all your code including the brackets, that is correct, not a mistake.

To view the “text without the brackets”, you should save your file and then open it from within a web browser. For example, do “File -> Open…” from within the web browser, and then select the file that you just created in the text editor.

0 Likes

The problem is on chrome after I try putting my file on it still shows all the html code and brackets

0 Likes

I used sublime to write my code but it’s not letting me show my work I. Google chrome it still shows all the code and the code is correct idk how to fix it

0 Likes

If you can open the file you created in Chrome and you see the code and not rendered HTML, a likely culprit is that your file doesn’t have the correct extension, so the browser doesn’t know it’s special.

For example, if you named your file myfile.txt, the browser will think that it’s a text file; renaming it to myfile.html would let the browser know that it’s supposed to interpret the contents as HTML.

1 Like

I save it as a .html and try opening it still have the issue any suggestions?

0 Likes

I’m not sure this is an ST issue, but you can post your file here and we’ll take a look :slight_smile:

You can also check the “source” that Chrome is seeing. For this, go to submenu “View -> Developer -> View Source” in Chrome (once your page is loaded), and copy-paste what Chrome shows you. (If all is going well, this should be the exact same contents as your file.)

0 Likes

same here.

0 Likes

Hi! I have the same problem. I’m using Sublime to write the code. I’m following the steps from a tutorial and when trying to load it in chrome, I’m getting the text and not the final product! Am I doing something wrong or is it because I didn’t buy sublime so don’t have the same features?

0 Likes

I have the same problem!

0 Likes

Hi, it seems you are missing some step in the tutorial, ST is fully functional also in evalutation mode (not paid).
you are viewing the, supposed, .html file parsed as plain text in the browser.
A couple of questions to try to help you:
do you have a local server running? (like lets say Mamp or Xamp)
do you save your file with .html extension? (if you’re under windows you better double check if explorer is hiding known extensions, 'coz your file could be .html.txt so the browser read it as plain text instead of parsing it properly)

0 Likes