Sublime Forum

Ignore Whitespace/Line Ending Differences

For one of my repos I get whitespace/line ending differences showing (my git is set to checkin as is, checkout as is).

The difference reported is <0x0d> (return character)

No other diff tools show me any differences (beyond compare, git gui, git diff etc). From what I can see in beyond compare, there should not be any difference in line endings.

Any idea why Sublime Merge is showing me these differences?

Sublime Merge

0 Likes

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the report!

Could you PM me or reply to this comment with the debug information from Sublime Merge? This can be pasted from the clipboard after selecting About | Debug Information in Sublime Merge.

Kind regards,

• Dylan
0 Likes

Sure, but I cant seem to find a PM button on this forum…is that a permission thing perhaps?

0 Likes

If you click on Dylan’s Avatar image you should see a Message button there. However I don’t recall offhand if that’s immediately available to new users or not (it’s been a while and I’m an old, old man :smiley: )

1 Like

Sorry, no message button. I just created this login so I guess I must earn some reputation to be able to have secret conversations? :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Is there some other way I can send the data to you (since I cannot PM)?

0 Likes

I am also having this issue. Please let me know if you want debug info from my Sublime Merge.

This is a pretty annoying bug so I’d love to help however possible to get it fixed!

0 Likes

Hello Kevek, for me this was resolved in dev build 1067. You could try it also.

0 Likes

I’m still seeing this when I try to resolve a merge conflict. It’s quite annoying since the entire file is flagged as being a conflict rather than only the actual lines that are.

0 Likes