Sublime Forum

--ignore-space-at-eol for mini_diff

I use trim_trailing_white_space_on_save in my sublime-settings. When editing a file which contains such trailing whiter space, the mini_diff immediately shows a lot of changed lines after the first save. Although correct, other packages like ‘Modific’ allow specifying the options for the git diff command used.

It would be nice if one could specify an option such as --ignore-space-at-eol also for Sublimes mini_diff.

0 Likes

Already suggested the same during the following discussion in the bug tracker.

Maybe we should open a dedicated issue for it?

0 Likes

Adding an issue to the issue tracker would be the best approach here.

Not that it changes the nature of your request, just know that we don’t use git diff for mini_diff. There can be differences between the two since mini_diff calculates the diff as you change the buffer. Depending on your settings, we may initially load the diff from HEAD, but as you change the buffer, the diff representation can diverge from what git diff would return.

Adding a feature request as a comment to a bug report can easily cause it to be lost. I’d usually recommend erring on the side of adding distinct issues, and then we can merge duplicates as necessary, or just reference them from each other.

1 Like

Added an issue: https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/2646

0 Likes