Sublime Forum

Idea for a new option: Project Save and Load

Dear Sublimetext,

It would be nice if there is an option for saving and loading a project (Multiple files in one window).
That will make it easier to switch between projects with a lot of files, especially if they are on different locations.

I am using sublimetext for a long time and the idea came up when I was reopening files from my other projects
files, that was a lot of work because the files where on different locations.

The idea is to add a option for saving a project, that means that the current opened files will be saved in a project
and an option for loading a project, that means it will open all files that where open when the project was saved.

If this isn’t clear enough, please contact me at:
rdeboer2004@gmail.com

I hope it will be in a future version, if it will, please let me know.

Best regards,

Rein de Boer

0 Likes

Hi @Rein_de_Boer,

The feature you are asking for already exists in Sublime Text. It is two fold (Project and Workspace).

Once you open a folder in sublime you can save a project file.

This will also save a workspace file which is basically the window status while working on a project. Essentially this means which files are open, but you can save your own workspace file.

The part where you save a separate workspace file shouldn’t be required. It is only useful if you open multiple sublime windows to work on the same project and have different files open.

The default behavior will save a workspace file for you while working on a project. So all you have to do is once you open a folder, save a project file. Sublime is nice enough to save a workspace file for you.

0 Likes