Sublime Forum

Idea/feature req. un-losing the ‘lost’ FAIL

Apple Care call, but first… What io vitamins are you running that like SideBar Enhancements may enable missing features for me? My usual tools are…

Package Control
PackageResourceViewer
FileIcons
Schemr
Seth Color Scheme
HTML Page Snippets
HTMLBeautify
CSS3
CSS Format
Google Search
caniuse_local
Can I Use
SideBarEnhancements *indispensible, but no chili
Open URL
Compare Side-By-Side

0 Likes

This is demonstrably false:

1 Like

Factually, no it is not false. ST is BUGGY here.
Is anyone else getting trashed by ST this way? It’s like v.864 crash-crash-crash except no crash, no pc, mac chaos.

Is this the right menu? Looks beautiful to me! Why is this one hiding? I had QT open and was taking a movie for you, to repeat the nth-millionth-of-type FAIL. Smitten! And confused… falling in love all over again.

Thanks Odatnerd. Whatever you did, it worked. Is it one of my packages?
If not, I have a well intentioned suspect. I brought some macOS bugs to the attention of Apple Engineering.
Every time we do that, little creepy crawlies all over my desk, heading south.
Then they disappear, hopefully.
In this case, my CAD cracked during a boot cycle, last week.
Regardless, ST sailed through :slight_smile:

0 Likes

No, that’s just native built in functionality.

0 Likes

It’s native. For that menu to show up you have to right-click into the file, that is, somewhere in the lines 1 - 12 of your code, or below that.

You used a different cursor location for your screen shots,

here you clicked on a file in the sidear:

and here you clicked on the tab of the file:

A different context menu appears for each case. There may be plug-in extensions adding other entries on any menu.
Hope this clears things up.

2 Likes

usig… As I very, very CLEARLY indicated above, there was nothing, no popup of any kind when I was clicking on the page. As I also made very clear, the problem is intermittent.

I would advise all Mac users, that if the problem appears, reinstall Sublime Text and then reinstall macOS. Those steps did not result in an immediate return of expected Sublime Text functionality, but are associated with an eventual return of functionality.

For anyone at Sublime Text company focusing engineering on the reported behavior, I use a CAD 2K 32" BenQ that was “knocked out” during an “incorrect” macOS Mojave boot cycle. We could not ‘trick’ the blocked Mac into un-blocking using any other Apple/Other devices on our network. Resolution involved a simple reset of the BenQ CAD display.

FYI, until that reset, Apple was considering replacing a lost Mac Pro, while BenQ was considering a PD3200U replacement for a burned out monitor. But all’s well that ends well. Unfortunately, all things are related.

0 Likes