Sublime Forum

Idea: Better way to manage projects

Hi,

I work with many projects, but I think the way that sublime manage projects can be improved, because I guess I do not need to specify a file to save or open my project / work. My idea is to have a default folder where the projects are saved and automatically opened. Thus, for example, do not need to navigate through a file manager to select a project file, you would just list with all the projects that he knows (by having this folder “default”) and select it. To save a project, I just need to type a name of a project, and it will be saved.

Has anyone thought something similar? If not, do not worry, it’s just an idea, thanks you all =D

0 Likes

Take a look to SideBarFolders (quick switch between sidebar folders)

It adds a new menu in the main menu bar called folders, every-time you add or remove a folder, it auto-saves the folder there, it works good for my usage. I don’t use projects at all.

0 Likes

My typical work flow is, if I’ve already saved a project hit super+ctrl+p to bring up the project switcher (which has fuzzy search) and type the name of the project I want to open.

If I’m starting a new project in the current folder I have opened I use the command palette by typing prosav aka Project: Save As

0 Likes

[quote=“subhaze”]My typical work flow is, if I’ve already saved a project hit super+ctrl+p to bring up the project switcher (which has fuzzy search) and type the name of the project I want to open.

If I’m starting a new project in the current folder I have opened I use the command palette by typing prosav aka Project: Save As[/quote]

I liked this solution, I’m using it now. Thank you

0 Likes