Sublime Forum

I couldnt use the fadora version of sublime, so im running the windows version with wine but am having issues

im using wine to run sublime and python, and the default path for python on sublime wont work becuase thats not where the file is located. how to i add or change an existing path and how to i even find the right path? is it possible?

issue

Can’t recognize ‘python -m py_compile “”’ as an internal or external command, or batch script.
[Finished in 0.1s with exit code 9009]
[shell_cmd: python -m py_compile “”]
[dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sublime Text 3]
[path: C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\system32\wbem;C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0]

0 Likes

I’d assume you’d need to install python in your wine environment and add it to the PATH. Why not just use the Linux version of Sublime Text?

0 Likes

i tried to use the linux version, but there was no testing period option and i cant buy it right now, i wanted to see how it worked first. but i dont know how to add / edit the path from python into wine-python.

do you know where ti edit paths?

0 Likes

You’re trying to install dev build; those are licensed users only. Swap your package manager config to talk to the stable channel instead.

0 Likes