Sublime Forum

I cant build with python 3

I’m still fairly new to coding and trying to get get everything set up but it wont allow me to build, when having the automatic builder selected it tells me that there is no build tool and i went in and used someone else’s build tool and now this is the error it keeps giving me.

!
I have included a picture of my error but since im a new user it wont allow me to also put a picture of the build tool

0 Likes

I don’t think Python is installed or it’s not added in PATH. Even that, it won’t be named as python3.8.exe. Are you using other environment such as Anaconda?

0 Likes

I have the anaconda package installed within sublime text. I have it installed on my computer ive been able to open and run things within pythons basic ide. How would i change the path? Just where its saved at? Im on a brand new windows laptop so im not quite sure where everything ended up saving to

0 Likes

see the instructions here for editing your path, as for where is python, I believe it’s located under the conda directory, you should be able to get the that by running where conda in the command prompt. see this stackoverflow thread for more details.

0 Likes

So when i edit the path ill just need to make sure it goes through one of the folders containing python?

0 Likes

For Anaconda env: https://dev.to/abdurrahmaanj/using-anaconda-on-sublime-text-39le

0 Likes

thank you both so much for your help, i was able to get it all working last night.

0 Likes