Sublime Forum

HTML package does not recognize CoffeeScript

I depend on coffeescript being imbedded in HTML for demonstration models on agentscript.org.

Unfortunately the HTML package does not recognize coffeescript being edited and remains in HTML mode. See post below.

This is a show stopper for me. TM handles it easily.

– Owen

0 Likes

Revert/convert back to ST2 from ST3: Questions

Then you should be able to install whatever tmLanguage file you’re using in TM and have the same behavior.

0 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply!

But unless I’m mistaken, it’s the HTML built-in package that’s at fault, not the CoffeeScript package, right?

Here’s an earlier ST2 post that refers to the problem:
Inline CoffeeScript (in HTML file)
Coffeescript embedded within html

Also, Better Coffeescript appears to have two options, regular CS and “Literate”. Possibly that confuses the binding between the HTML’s embedded CS script tags, and which package to invoke within the HTML.

I hope I’m being clear!

0 Likes

Why do you refuse to answer a question from a paying customer?

This cannot be hard to understand: I need to have the HTML package recognize CoffeeScript tags.

If you cannot do this, I’m sure Atom can.

0 Likes

backspaces,
Give it up, man. It’s over. Done. ST is defunct. “jps”, the developer/company has not posted since Dec. 21, and has not logged in since Jan. 29. unless he has a dummy account he logs in under just to monitor. Who knows. But…
Threats of taking your business elsewhere fall on deaf ears. It’s really sad.
Even if he ever DOES come back, it’s just not worth it, man. One dev can not support this thing, and I suspect the package devs are likely as bummed and burned out as he is.
Go to Atom, or JetBrains, or KomodoIDE, or even Vim fergodsake.
I’ve all but completely switched back over to Komodo, since I forgot to cancel my support contract anyway, but kinda glad of that, b/c they now have multi-cursor and some other goodies, not to mention the Python, Ruby, and Node integration and debugging, and extensibility in either Python OR JavaScript. Even have a fairly decent CoffeeScript package now, built in. Not as good as “better-coffeescript”, but close enough for me. Hell, it might even handle the CS tags. I don’t do that so I haven’t tried it. But they have a free trial download…
Didn’t even have to spend much time re-writing my toolchain. Just hooked my cakefile and Jade view module builder and YUI3’s ‘shifter’ in to Komodo’s old-school GUI bullet-proof external tool launcher. Piece o’ cake man. Oh, and they have real support staff, too. Imagine that.
But I wouldn’t waste any more time or energy on this POS if I were you.
I hate to see you, or anyone else for that matter, wasting precious time and energy, and diverting resources from your important work. (Yes, I know who you are, O.D.)
I can afford to fuck around, being “semi”-retired. But you can’t. Cut your losses and move on man. Just my 2 cents.
Best of luck.
DW

0 Likes

Thank you! I wasn’t aware of the problems facing ST. I do like Atom and although its early days, the github engineers are responding to requests quite quickly. Their support is really quite good as well. So on to the Next Great Thing!

– Owen

0 Likes