Sublime Forum

How View Parent Php Files

Hello everyone…

This is my first message, sorry if the question seems bizarre …

With Sublimetext 3, in a project, I am looking for a way to find out which Php files parents use the Php file that is currently displayed.

Is it possible ?

Thank you for your answers…

Fredo

0 Likes

Hello… so, nobody has any idea?

Maybe my question was not clear enough … I’m rephrasing:

When I’m working with a Php file in a project, I would like to be able to list all the parents Php files that use it, a way to navigate in the reverse direction of the inclusions tree.

Does Sublimetext allow it?

Thank you for your answers…

Fredo

0 Likes

Need to build your own package to done this I think …

existing package such as “SublimeCodeIntel” does not support navigate to the parent …

or as alternative … consider search current file name in “Find in Files …” …

0 Likes

Thanks for your quick answer…

Unfortunately, my development skills are not strong enough to consider making a package myself.

If this feature does not exist natively, I hope that a plugin developer will have the good idea to be interested.

The search for the file name among the other files is exactly what I am doing at the moment, but this solution does not work in all cases.

For example, when the names of the include files are dynamic, by concatenation or by computation with different variables, the search system is no longer efficient at all.

Sometimes, depending on the project, it is difficult for me to understand the logic of inclusions, and I’m wasting a lot of time trying to reconstruct the tree, which is why it would be really useful for me to have the ability to navigate to parent files.

Thanks again…

Fredo

0 Likes