Sublime Forum

How to stop Sublime from opening files in separate windows

I used to drag my html and css files onto the dock (OSX) simultaneously and they opened in the same window. For some reason, they’re now opening in separate windows.

I must have done something inadvertently. Any help on reverting to the way it was?

Thanks

0 Likes

You might want to check that you have the following setting set to false in your user settings:

// OS X only: When files are opened from finder, or by dragging onto the
    // dock icon, this controls if a new window is created or not.
    "open_files_in_new_window": true,

As seen here, it defaults to being turned on in accordance with how applications generally behave on OSX. You can use Sublime Text > Preferences > Settings and check that it’s in your user settings in the right hand pane, and set to false.

That said, although I don’t have this option disabled on my Macbook (I never open files this way), dragging multiple files to the dock icon in one drag operation opens a new window and puts both of the files into it. If you’re seeing that operation open two separate windows, this setting may not help.

I’m running the latest development build 3154 on MacOS 10.10, so if you have a more recent version of MacOS (and perhaps updated it recently) there might be something MacOS specific that’s caused the behaviour to change.

0 Likes