Sublime Forum

How to remove save status from the status bar after saving?

Is there any way I can remove the save status message in the status bar? Each time I save a file, a long status message confirming that I saved the file appears in the status bar and it’s very annoying if I have a long path for that file. It hides the filetype and the tab settings and since I have to wait around 5 seconds for it to disappear, this can get very annoying. It even persists when I switch files. I was hoping there would be some kind of setting and I searched in the documentation but didn’t find anything.

This is what I mean. How can I stop this message from showing up? I don’t need these types of messages. I know I’ve saved the file. I don’t need a large text showing me I saved the file:

1 Like

+1

But I think it’s hard-coded into “save” command.
A work around maybe writing a plugin that save the buffer without calling view.run_command(“save”)
But I haven’t figure-out yet

0 Likes

+1

Is this possible yet?

0 Likes

+1, I also think it’s annoying and it adds little information value.

0 Likes

Found a solution via a plugin:

import sublime
import sublime_plugin

class Events(sublime_plugin.EventListener):

def on_post_save_async(self, view):
        # Hide the annoying "Saved <file>" message in the status bar
        sublime.status_message("")
0 Likes

Oddly, I would like just the opposite. Many times I save with a hotkey combo, go to something else and just want to confirm the last action I did was save. If the file name were not attached, I think it would be helpful if it just said “Saved” and stayed there until the next action is performed.
Anyone have any idea how to implement that?

0 Likes