Sublime Forum

How to remove "dot marks" .. don't know how to name it

Hi there,

I’m trying Sublime Text 3 at the moment and I am think about to purchase it. But bevore this, there is one problem I have to solve. And I don’t know how to describe :slight_smile:

So here is a screenshot:

In every color scheme the dots are marked with a background color. Is there a way / rule to deactivate this?

0 Likes

Maybe file an issue on the official ST package repo since it actually comes from the HTML syntax.

My Chrome seems to render it successfully.

A way to “pretend” fixed is assigning a new rule in the color scheme for invalid.illegal.custom-tag-name.html scope.

0 Likes

Hi…

rendering is not the problem. It’s only the visual component. These big marks disturb me while programming… so I want to deactivate the highlighting / marking of the dots in Sublime Editor.

0 Likes

Well, a successful rendering can be a proof that what you code is working. And convince other people that the default syntax should be fixed.

0 Likes

There’s a PR for this at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/pull/1784

You can use that PR’s HTML.sublime-syntax instead of the default one.

Edit: This PR was merged.

0 Likes

I think I always use the latest master branch (and the PR you mentioned has been merged) but it doesn’t help.

0 Likes

You’re right. It has been merged. (Sorry!) I hadn’t tried a tag with both - and . in it.

0 Likes

So is there a setting to turn off all this error highlighting … ?
I don’t need this function anyway…

0 Likes

A way to “pretend” fixed is assigning a new rule in the color scheme for invalid.illegal.custom-tag-name.html scope.

0 Likes

This and similar problems are all fixed in Sublime Text 4 and can easily be backported to ST3 if you insist. If anyones interested in this, just leave a note, otherwise just switch to ST4! :wink:

0 Likes

As far as I know, anything in ST4 will not be backported to ST3. So if something is introduced or fixed in ST4, you need to use ST4.

0 Likes

I meant you can backport it yourself. In this case you can just edit the PHP package and change the syntax highlighting according to the commits that fixed this in ST4.

It’s easier to just use ST4, though. :wink:

0 Likes