Sublime Forum

How to keep the order of the list on windows taskbar when multiple sublime instances opened?

How to keep the order of the list on windows taskbar when multiple sublime instances opened?
for example:
(1) Open 5 sublime instances, there are 1,2,3,4,5;
(2) When you see the list on windows taskbar, the order of them should be

I mean the list, but not the thumbnail previews, if you want get the list when you just open few instances, please refer:

(3) When you access/click the one of them, for example, you access/click 3 instance, then click ‘File -> Exit’ of Sublime Text to close all Sublime instances;
(4) Re-open Sublime Text, all instances will reload, but the order of the instances list on taskbar is like:

Seems that Sublime Text let the last accessed instance in the bottom of the list.

So, my question is: how to keep the order as below when re-opening Sublime Text again:

Thanks!

0 Likes

Preserve Window Group Order Between Starts

Thanks for writing this. I was planing to write this too. I also noticed this behavior I I would be glad it it could be fixed.

0 Likes

Could some reply this question, THX!

0 Likes

maybe just reorder them manually after resuming your multi-window session. You may need to use https://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker but you should be using it anyway…

0 Likes

Thanks for your idea @kingkeith, but I do not want use any other tool to do this. I think maybe Sublime Text has a configuration to do this.

0 Likes

I remember that the old sublime text version(I forgot what version ) did not change the list order, Just want to get a setting to keep the list order.

0 Likes

Related request: Preserve Window Group Order Between Starts

0 Likes